Monday, April 20, 2015

Slumber party

I had a 3 day slumber party at the was one of the weirdest experiences ever and I still don´t quite understand everything that happened. I´m going to attempt to explain it without writing a novel haha, because there are like a million things that were weird about the experience. 

As I said last week, the mission doctor told me to try a strong pill to try to get rid of the migraine, he said usually it works best at the start of the migraine, but I had already had it for 9 days at that point. It didn't work. I could barely sit up for more than like 5 minutes, was super sensitive to light, throbbing, dizziness, nausousness, and all that fun stuff. Stuff I had NEVER experienced before. On Tuesday, the mission doctor told me to go to the hospital again. Really confusing and I kind of explained this last week, but the first time I went the doctor was certain it was a sinus infection, which made no sense at all. The medication didn´t work. The second time, a different doctor thought I had hit my head and had a concussion and tested for internal bleeding. Once he saw I wasn´t internally bleeding he gave me an antiinflammatory and pain meds and said if it didnt work, to come back. They didn´t work. So this time I went to the doctor, he was a little crazy and thought it was some type of other headache and wanted to inject me with medicine....I said no lol. He told me to go buy a pill and sit outside for an hour and see how it goes. After sitting outside for an hour, he came outside and told me a neourologist would come because I was still in pain. The neourologist took me back and did a couple tests and told me I had to stay overnight. I didn´t want to and she said legally she had to keep me there. All of a sudden 5 nurses and doctors came in and put me on a bed and started hooking my legs, arms, stomach, and chest up to wires and did a little shocking thing (I had never seen that machine in my life). The kicked my companion out and told her to do my papers and started taking tubes of blood and xrays. I was SO confused and they didnt want me talking (the nurses on that floor werent too nice to me haha...). I tried sending out a help text but the phone died haha. My companion finally found a way to get in and we finally left a voicemail on a different phone to tell the mission president that we were staying. They took me up to a different floor where I was going to spend the next few days. They hooked me up to an IV bag and gave me a couple injections. They told me the IV bag was for "preparation for the MRI that night" and that I would get the pain killers the next day. One thing....I did NOT want to fall asleep, so I asked if the injections would make me fall asleep..he said no, and as soon as he gave them to me I felt super nausous and went to sleep. At 1am, a man pushed me in a wheelchair to my was the weirdest thing. He put a cage mask over me and put me in a super tiny tunnel and told me I would be there for 30 minutes. It ended up being 1 hour. The MRI was SUPER loud sounds for an was so loud! I just kept my eyes closed so I wouldn´t think about being in a tiny tunnel haha. After they brought me back they hooked me up to the IV again even though they told me it was just for "preparation" and then gave me more injections throughout the night. They kept saying the injections were to "clean out the tube" or for "antibiotics", and that made no sense to me. I woke up to 2 neurologists and told them I felt fine. They were still acting like I never got the treatment and said I had to stay another day just to observe. The mission president came and asked the neurologist for the companion and I werent too happy! They said they didnt want me to know about anything they were given me because they didnt want me to fight against it because of fear I was tolerant to it all. That´s not even possible! They told me they wouldnt give me anything I wanted to take the tubes out of my hand and they said no. That night...they hooked me up to another IV and gave me 3 more injections. I STILL have no idea what happened....the whole thing was just a bunch of lies, it was so crazy! 

They said they don´t know what happened, but they said it´s common in young girls to get these kinds of migraines. The only problem was that I kept working with it for 8 days, and ended up having it for 12 days. She said it got so bad that the only way to help was to stay at the hospital. It made me a little bummed though because if the doctors would have just helped me correctly in the first place, maybe none of that would have happened. I never take medicine and so I was pretty bummed that they gave me sedatives and meds like I was the hulk and fed me like a 90 year old lil lady HAHA. I have never had a migraine before and she said most likely I wont have anything like that happen again. All the tests came back normal :) So there is my long story made short. She said that whatever they put in my body will stay with me for 3 more weeks though...and I can definitely feel it. 

But everything is great! I´m happy and healthy haha. I can´t even describe over email how crazy and weird it was. At first I´ll admit I was pretty scared, especially with how they did everything and made my companion leave. But my companion and I still had a good time and were laughing through a lot of it. And we still laugh about how crazy it was. It is seriously mind boggling to me what happened, I don´t understand! They still NEVER told me what they did. Haha...but I guess I just needed to know I´m okay now :D 

There´s always good that comes from trials though! My mission president and his wife came and hung out with me, Hermanas brought me Mcdonalds (which is super expensive and the nicest thing here lol), my spanish vocabulary grew out of need to figure out everything that was going on, I have like 7 posters of my brain, and I´m healthy. My companion is super awesome too...although she had to sleep on chairs for 2 nights and sit in a room with me forever, we still made it fun! I was thinking about a quote from Thomas S. Monson while I was there."We are not placed on this earth to walk alone...God has assured us that He will be there for us to provide help if we but ask...I promise you that you will one day stand aside and look at your difficult times, and you will realize that He was always there beside you." Just knowing that the Lord is ALWAYS walking by ourside it the greatest comfort! Having that knowledge can brighten up any trial. He knows us and knows what we are going through and how to help. 

Well...sorry that this email is all about the hospital, I didnt mean to make it so long, there´s just so much to it! I will have more exciting stuff to share next week :) I hope you all have a wonderful week! Love you all tons!!!! 

My neck is red because I had an allergic reaction to whatever they were giving me..... They had to give me a shot for it lol. I was pretty bruised up all over my body, but it's still a cute pic of my awesome President and and his wife ha.

My awesome companion

No comments:

Post a Comment