Pages

Monday, April 27, 2015

Buen dia!

Hola!!!


I don´t have a lot of time, so this email won´t be too exciting. We are taking the subway to a super capital part of Buenos Aires called Polermo and going to be adventuring over there for the rest of Pday! So I will have sweet pics next week. 

My companion had food poisoning for a couple days...I guess we just need to take turns with sicknesses?! But with challenges, comes miracles!and we saw that this week! We have 2 baptisms set for this weekend. FINALLY! This area hasnt had a legit (long story) baptism since this area has been opened (it´s been over a year). People say it´s a difficult area, but we´re seeing the fruits from all the work...have to keep the faith high! We´re getting our investigators pumped for the weekend and they are doing great! 

Quick funny story....I still get confused about the houses here. Some people have their own houses, but sometimes they open the door and there´s a long outdoor hallway that has other doors that actually go to other houses. A lot of families live together. So we went to an opened gate that led to people´s houses and a lady told us to walk through the gate and find the door we were looking for. The door we were looking for was opened too, I just saw a concrete wall, so I thought it was another passage way to their house. So I walk in and see a lightswitch (i thought it was a doorbell). So I started pushing the "doorbell" and calling for the name we were looking for...and the lights starting flickering...I realized WE WERE IN SOMEONE´S HOUSE! Let me tell ya, it didn´t look like we were in someone´s house from where I was standing! May sound silly, but there´s areas with super weird building structures haha. Shesh, we´re creeps! 

Next week is transfers, so I will be emailing on Tuesday instead. 99% chance my companion will be leaving and I will stay in Lugano. It´s true when they say your companions will always be your close friends! I´m super lucky I had such a cool trainer and that we kept laughing and a smile on our faces for the 3 months we have been working together. It´s been a blast! 

Well I have one new picture......our pension now looks like a labratory with pictures of my brain. Lol! Our landlord thought it was pretty great :) But I will have lots more next week!!! We will be taking pictures of our area this week. Have a great week, I love you all!! 

Chau!


No comments:

Post a Comment