Pages

Monday, April 6, 2015

Juanpi

Hola!!!!

This week was awesome, I loved it!!! I feel like there´s so much to say because I wasnt able to email last week, but I´ll have to say some of it next week because of time. 
Things were a lil crazy last week, so I wasn´t able to email. Last week was crazy haha. I won´t go into too much detail, but my companion and I were completely broke haha. Some things happened that led her to have no money and me to only have enough to support us a few days. Shouldnt happen again, just was a weird week. We just laughed at the 4 pesos (about 40 cents) we had left and just had to laugh at how poor we were haha. We ate all the rice from the emergency food, and had absolutely nothing else on the shelves or fridge for days haha. Somehow though, we kept ending up with food. We have an amigo named Hugo (he was the American Olymic soccer coach and a former pro soccer player and now owned a hot dog shop while waiting to coach for Argentina, pretty cool, right?). We have tried sharing the gospel with him, but he is going to stick with his faith right now. He knows that missionaries are called of God and is grateful that we are praying for his wife and has a high respect for missionaries. As we were walking past his shop one day, he asked if we had food. I´ll save the details, but he told us we can eat there free anytime. Super nice man and I´m sure the Lord is blessing him for helping out His missionaries. 
Another time, we went to a shop that was owned by an inactive, and she looked me up and down and then got her lil candies and some cereal and gave it to us. Hah.......oh dear. As we were walking down the street right after, an elderly woman begged for our candy, so it didnt last long, but it was still nice :)
Stuff kept happening like that though last week....we would be completely broke and then brought back up by someone being nice to us. Tender mercies :)  No worries though, we are all good now haha. The only reason why I mention it is because I´ll admit it´s pretty funny, and there are a lot of kind people :) 

I hope you all had a great Easter! Such a great time of the year! Conference was great :) The stake all watches it in the stake center here. Saturday I had to watch it in spanish which was kind of a bummer, but I was able to understand the parts I felt I needed to hear. I was able to watch the Sunday morning session in english with other native english speakers, we were all crammed in a lil room, but I was grateful for it. They didnt allow us to watch it in English for the second session because they needed more wifi because there were technical difficulties for a lot of it. But it was really good! I know that we can all receive answers by listening to conference. Also, the speaker, Jorge E Zeballos spoke at our mission conference last month. He´s super awesome. 

Last week was Holy Week (celebrated by catholics). Saw a lot of interesting things, but it was just sad to see that so many people were celebrating the death of Christ and not the resurrection. We need Easter to reflect on the Resurrection of Christ and The Atonement :) 

I HAVE to tell a funny story.....I´m sure it won´t be the same over email, but it makes me cry because of how funny it is :`D We were looking through a folder to find more people to go for and we see a man´s name Juanpi (say it like Juan-pee lol). We were just hoping that it was his real name and that someone didnt just hear him wrong. The next day we went to the address and this interesting man opens the door and asks who we´re looking for. "We´re looking for Juanpi?" and he said "Juanpi??? What?? I know I´m fat but you dont have to call me that!" My companion was trying to explain that this is the address we received for Juanpi, and he´s like No there´s no Jaunpi that lives here. I couldnt even talk because I was biting my lip trying not to laugh because of how many times they were saying "Juanpi". But not just that... His shirt was only halfway buttoned up and had his bushel of chest hair was sprawling out, and there was CHUNKS OF BREAD in it. Not just crumbs...there were chunks LOL. My eyes were watery and I kept "coughing" because I was trying not to laugh at everything that was going on. I´m super bad at holding in my laughs. My companion related it to the bible story by saying Juanpi is going to feed the 5000 with the bread from his chest. I promise the story is alot funnier in person, it´s hard to explain it on here, but we bring up our Juanpi story every day and laugh till we cry. 

I still dont have the SD card reader, so no pictures this week, but crossing fingers for next week! Well, it has been a great week, and I´m ready for another one! I hope you all have a great week as well. I love you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment