Pages

Monday, May 25, 2015

Soccer!


The past two Pdays have been crazy busy and fun, so that is the reason why I couldn´t send a general email last week, but it´s been fun!

Primero...I will catch ya´ll up with highlights of last week hah.

We traveled to Ritero for trámites I had to do (papers for......I honestly don´t know what...just so I´m legal I guess), It was such a beautiful area, I really wish I brought my camera....it all looked like an old European city, the buildings were so cool! I´m sure I´ll go back there sometime.

Last Sunday we watched the broadcast of the dedication for the temple in Córdoba....it is seriously SO beautiful! President Uchdorf and Elder Chrisofferson were at the dedication. It was so amazing to watch!!!! I´m waiting for the day when we get to go to the Buenos Aires Temple :)
We have been seeing so many miracles! One night while planning for the next day, I opened my agenda to the next day and saw that I had a Ruth down for 3pm....I had no idea who Ruth was and neither did my companion. I was trying to figure out why I had her name down, and I figured out her house was an address of an old investigador. The next day, we passed for her house....but we didn´t know why, just knew it was in my agenda. When we touched the doorbell, someone else came to the door and said a Ruth didn´t live there and as we started talking, she told us that her and her family have been really confused about what church to join and have been searching for a church...oh hey, Joseph Smith had the same question! ;) She had a strong desire to learn more, and we´ll see what happens, but I know that we passed for a reason :)
Another miracle that happened...well, is still happening, whoop! There´s an inactive family that many missionaries and many members have been trying to reactive for years, and they will never let them into their house. They wanted nothing to do with the church. One night we had a little extra time, and decided to try knocking on their door again. We finally got her to come out of her house, and she wasn´t too excited to see us at first and was pretty hard-headed about it...but we were finally able to get an appointment with her set for the next day, but she didn´t want us sharing anything from the Book of Mormon or anything about the church. The next day we brought another member with us and visited her and her family...they were telling us the reasons why they didn´t like the church or what doctrines they thought were wrong....the family and the member started raising their voices having a battle over it and I felt a lot of tension! My sweet companion spoke and calmed them down...she´s pro. We took out the Book of Mormon and I shared a thought, knowing they would have to be quiet and listen pretty good to understand what I was saying in my broken spanish. After everything was calmed down, we were able to share, and just about everyone in the room cried. The next day, she called us and wanted us to share something with her daughter and granddaughter because her granddaughter had a friend pass away and couldnt sleep at night. Wahoo, they finally trust us!! We taught her the plan of salvation and we have been continuing to teach them (they´re now investigators!). One of the less actives wanted us to sing...so we did and they cried again! She told us we could come anytime we wanted....and so we take the offer lol...it´s been going so well! She went to church and was talking to EVERYONE and shared more in the class than anyone. She loved it and it really was so amazing. It feels amazing to have the trust in them....finally!!
Last Pday, we went to Congreso.....it´s SUPER awesome! It´s the heart of Buenos Aires, very crowded/tourist area. I thought it was so beautiful! We ate at TGI Fridays...which here, is really expensive and honestly not good quality food. But ah well, it was fun!!
Today for Pday, we had an activity as a MISSION!!!! IT WAS BOMB! :D It´s hard to get us all together, but they made it happen! We played soccer for hours.....seriously is SO fun!!!! I love it. We had lunch, and watched Meet the Mormons! I also realized that one of the Elders in my mission went to the same high school as me...so weird! I was able to see my old companions and hermanas the roomed with me in the MTC, which just meant we laughed forever. I can definitley say friends I have made here in the mission will be life long friends! I have met some amazing people!
Love you all tons! Chau!
I have to send pictures separately again.....I don´t know how everyone else can put them together but not me! Hah...ah por favor.





Congreso ~ Oh my beautiful. I loved how European everything looked! Super old.

This is their "White House"... except for, well, it's pink. Casa Rosa. The house of the President!

No comments:

Post a Comment