Pages

Monday, July 20, 2015


Mis experiencias!

This week was super interesting! Like...SUPER interesting lol.

First off.......cool experience. My companion wanted me to meet an old investigador from last transfer, because they were never able to find her again. We knocked on the door, she let us in, and opened a door to a HUGE room with TONS of piles of clothes and fabric and 12 tables with sewing machines, with 5 people in the room working. She mentioned that it was her work and that she worked with her family (cousins, siblings, and husband). We sat down in the middle of them all and started teaching. As we were teaching, people kept coming in every couple minutes....person after person after person until we got up to 10 people. Every time someone came in, I was super happy and a little "BOOYA!" went off in my mind haha. I couldnt believe it was really happening! I wanted to make sure everyone was listening because they were working, so to get their attention I went to the front of the room and started teaching haha, almost everyone was pretty into it and had a ton of questions! Afterwards, we sang for them all, and the whole room was super silent. It was a pretty cool moment! 

Our convert, Olivia that has 81 years, ended up in the hospital a few hours after her confirmation. Before her confirmation her mind was sharp and her health was pretty good. Now she is in the hospital because only 20% of her heart is working and they dont know if she will make it. Also....her memory is pretty different. She doesnt know who a lot of her family is and is really confused about everything. We went to visit her and we brought her a picture of her baptism...she seemed to remember it. She remembed who I was and was excited to see me but she had no clue who my companion was. She pointed to Hermana Ahumada in the picture of her baptism and asked "when am I going to see this girl again?".....uhhh "she´s right here!" We were thinking that Heavenly Father prepared her to be baptized and make the covenant and maybe now is her time. It is just so crazy how it all happened just hours after her confirmation. She´s such a cute lady.

Also...my companion was sick and went to the hospital, so I had to do divisions with a member. I left my companion at a members house to rest and I went with the daughter out to teach. I went with a 15 year old girl, so I was a little bit solo teaching, but it was a lot of fun! We met a lot of people, walked miles and miles and miles, and taught 13 lessons that day! We made it super fun :D

A pro about Floresta....I have found 5 nursing homes :) We entered one to teach a less active member. When we entered into a room there was a table of old ladies that started talking to us. One of them asked me what my title was,....a missionary? "No, what are you queen of?" Hahah what?! Come to find out...She was Miss Argentina when she was 20! Crazy! So we taught a former Miss Argentina!!! 

We had a Book of Mormon challenge to read it in 24 days as a mission...26 pages a day. It was a little rough in spanish, but I´m almost done! There´s so much more I learn each time I read it. When I was reading it in spanish, there were things that stood out to me that I notice much in english. It has been a great experience reading it in such little time. It´s sooooo good and really is evidence that the church is true :)

My sweet Olivia is hooked up to just about everything :(

A day of success con Daianna! Eating Alfajores :)
me.... reading SO much. SO good!
I bought a new coat... HAHA totally kidding. I just found it in the pension. I wish I could go out with it!
Ladder to get to someone's part of the house.

I love every chance I get to play the piano!




No comments:

Post a Comment