Pages

Monday, July 6, 2015

Bautismo de la abuelita!

Perdòn, I didnt have time to write a general email last week, but wow, these weeks have been super great! We are seeing some changes in Floresta, but there´s still a TON of work.

Last week my zone threw me a suprise birthday party, it was super rad! They told me to show up to the zone meeting at a later time and play the piano in a different room, and of course I was occupied for a little while so it was a complete suprise!!!! I have a video that is pretty funny. I was spoiled! Later on that day, some people invited us over for my birthday, but when we showed up they didnt have light (it´s soooo common for the power to go out all the time), so we just sat in the dark around a candle, talked, and ate crackers. And then I blew out the candle after they sang....ha kidding. It was a great day!
My companion has a goal to baptize an African....the problem is, she doesnt know english and they dont know spanish. Así que....I have been doing a TON of translating...I have been translating all the meetings in church and everything that my companion wants to say. We recently found out there´s an english speaking ward for them, so that´s good! Because we have an investigator from Ghana that wants to be baptized!
After we were teaching a menos activo in a nursing home, I told my companion we were going to find an old lady to teach ha. And shortly after....we started teaching an 81 year old lady who has family that are members but her and her husband were strong catholics and didnt want anything to do with the church. But we taught her all the lessons and she was BAPTIZED YESTERDAY! She cant walk, so she had 2 of her grandsons in the water with her. It was such a beautiful moment! It was so amazing to see how happy her and her family were.
Last Sunday it was pouring super super hard, the streets were flooding a little! I love the rain here. But....it meant that our investigadors didnt want to go to church. We had many investigadors in the same casa tomada, so that morning we went to many of the doors to try to bring them with us. Most of them were in bed, half asleep. I told them we would go back to our pension and gather all the rain gear and boots that we had and that we would come back to get them. The investigadors and my companion looked at me like I was crazy, but 2 of them came and had super great experiences! They loved it. I showed up to church drenched haha. Afterwards one of them was telling us "This is my church, this is MY church!!!" and the other one told us that he wanted salvation and would do what it takes. Así que.....just shows us that Satan works hard on us, but we are always blessed when we are following what the Lord wants us to do.
I celebrated the fourth of July by watching La Copa American final with the bishop and his family. We had permission to watch the final futbol game, Argentina against Chile, because the streets are too crazy during this time. Chile won, and my companion was a little scared to be a Chilena in the streets on the way home, so she covered up by talking in a Argentina Porteño accent lol. People are sooooo crazy about futbol!!!! Everyone in the house was super silent, my companion was extremely nervous the whole game, and I was just chilling, eating cake celebrating the fourth of July :)
Oh my goodness look how cute she is!!!!!!!!!!!!



We had an activity with the zone. Had asado (Argentine bbq) and played frisbee.

LOOK HOW MANY ANIMALS ARE ON ME! 4 cats and a dog!

Surprise party!!!!!

 
And party around the candle.

No comments:

Post a Comment